With summer at our doorstep, why not give your go-to smoothie recipes a fun, refreshing twist?
Don’t worry if you’re too busy to grab all the ingredients you need—Blender Bites has you covered with their frozen superfood smoothie pucks (and they're sustainable too!). Just blend with your favourite liquid base and you’re good to go.
Here are three fresh and fun smoothie recipes to enjoy this season...
Fruit Strip Rollups
Swap store-bought fruit rolls with this healthy and naturally delicious alternative. Pack them in your favourite tote for a day at the beach. Warning: these are addictive!
- 3 Greens and Berries Blender Bites pucks
- 1 tbsp agave syrup or honey
- Blend 3 pucks of Greens and Berries in a food processor.
- Add 1 tbsp of agave syrup or honey and mix.
- Cover baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread mixture on parchment paper 1/8- to 1/4-inch thick.
- Bake for 4 to 5 hours.
- Cool, then cut into strips.
Chocolate Green Smoothie Popsicles
Give your standard chocolate popsicles a healthy, “green” twist. These frozen treats are tasty, refreshing and perfect for your next summer barbeque.
- 2 Greens and Berries Blender Bites pucks
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup vanilla or chocolate plant milk (almond, coconut, hemp, soy, pea or cashew)
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Blend popsicle ingredients until smooth.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds and freeze overnight.
- Make chocolate drizzle by microwaving chocolate and oil together in a bowl for 30 seconds (can also be melted in a double-boiler set up). Take out and whisk immediately until smooth.
- Pull out popsicles from mold (run under warm water for 10 seconds to make it easier to remove them), and lay them on a plate.
- Drizzle chocolate over top, then place in freezer for 5 more minutes.
Tropical Green Tea Smoothie
Add extra antioxidants to your healthy tropical smoothie with green tea.
- 1 Greens & Tropicals Blender Bites Puck
- 12 mint leaves (about a 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup green tea brewed
- ½ cup pineapple
- 1 date or 4 drops Stevia
- Add all ingredients to your blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour in your favourite tall glass and garnish with tropical fruits.